Our website address is: https://ciba-solutions.com.
Updated: October 01, 2019
1. What Personal Information About Users Does CIBA Solutions Gather? The information we learn from users helps us personalize and continually improve your experience with the CIBA Solutions Website (https://cibasolutions.com and such successor websites (collectively referred to as the “Site”)), and the Product. Here are the types of information we gather.
Information You Provide: We receive and store any information you enter on the CIBA Solutions Site, successor websites, App, Product or give us in any other way. Specifically, to register with the CIBA Solutions Site, App and Product you must provide us your name and email. You may also be required to provide other personal information before or after completion of work such as credit card information, general demographic information, or tax information, as well as certain non-identifying information, like your gender, birthday and zip code.
Your information also includes the information you choose to share on the CIBA Solutions Site, App and/or Product, such as your income and gender. We also receive other types of non-identifying information about you when you provide photos or videos, such as the time, date, and place you took the photo or video. We additionally collect the information you provide to us in response to survey questions and specific demographic information. You can choose not to provide certain information, however, as a result, you might not be able to participate in all jobs provided in the ApporProduct or incorporate some of the App or Product. We use the information that you provide for ensuring that you receive information specific to you, responding to your requests, customizing the Site for you, improving our Site, and communicating with you. Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Like many websites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses the CIBA Solutions Site. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. We may also automatically collect certain information when you provide information to the App, such as your location/GPS coordinates (if you enable this feature), a device identifier (but not the UDID), MAC address, and wireless service provider. You can enable or disable location services when you use the App at any time, through your mobile device settings. However, if you disable location services, you might not be able to participate in any or all jobs provided in the App. This location information is not treated as personal information unless we combine it with or link it to any of the personally identifiable information mentioned above. Communications: By registering on the CIBA Solutions Site, App and/or Product, you will receive emails from CIBA Solutions and/or its Affiliates. As a CIBA Solutions Site, App and/or Product participant, it will be necessary for us to communicate with you to provide essential operational, status and transaction updates as well as notices in connection with your account and other information relevant to your participation and use of the Site, App and/or Product (collectively, Core Communications). You may not opt out of such Core Communications, and you agree to your receipt of Core Communications via email and/or other communication methods provided by you in your account registration. If we send non-Core Communications such as newsletter we will give you the opportunity to unsubscribe to them. As a CIBA Solutions App participant, we may communicate with you with push notifications and other such notices in connection with your account and other information relevant to your participation and use of the App. You may opt out of such notifications by editing your mobile device settings.
2. What Does CIBA Solutions do With the Personal Information It Receives? CIBA Solutions collects and uses your personal information to: Create and manage your account; Process your transactions; Perform research and analysis aimed at improving our services and technologies; and To display content that is customized to your account.
Participants: As a Client or Agent of services through the CIBA Solutions Site, App and/or Product, we may share certain information in order to facilitate the service relationship outlined in the Participation Agreement or the Terms of Service and to improve the Site, App and Product. Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include analyzing data, processing payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Promotional Offers: We may send offers to selected groups of CIBA Solutions users on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your personal information. If you do not want to receive such offers, we will give you the opportunity to unsubscribe to them. Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy additional services or business units. In such transactions, user information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the user consents otherwise). Also, in the event that CIBA Solutions or substantially all of its assets are acquired, user information will, of course, be one of the transferred assets.
Protection of CIBA Solutions and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Participation Agreement, Terms of Service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of CIBA Solutions, our users, or others. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from users for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
4. Rights to Access If you create an account with CIBA Solutions, you can close your account by contacting us with a request that we delete your account and information. We will take steps to delete your information as soon as practical, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records and as otherwise required by law.
5. Participation Agreement, Notices, and Revisions If you choose to visit CIBA Solutions or use the App or Product, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Privacy Notice, our Participation Agreement and our Terms of Service, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Arkansas. If you have any concern about privacy at CIBA Solutions, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice, the Participation Agreement and Terms of Service will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of user information collected in the past without the consent of affected users.
6. Your California Privacy Rights California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of the CIBA Solutions Site, App and Product that are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, CIBA Solutions currently does not share any personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
7. How Secure Is Information About Me? We protect your information during transmission by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the CIBA Solutions Site, App and Product. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please help keep your account safe by using a strong password. The safety and security of your information also depend on you.
8. Children Our CIBA Solutions Site, App and Product are not intended for children under 13 years of age and we do not know